THE ENGAGEMENT RING: Request for Proposals
Malashock Dance is commissioning 3 Southern California dance artists to create new, interactive dance experiences for The Engagement Ring.
This series is designed to provide opportunities for artists to develop unique, hour-long audience-centric events.
Each artist will present new work during one of the following months: November 2015, December 2015, April 2016 & June 2016.
These exciting dance events should be specifically designed to take place in, or around, Dance Place San Diego within historic Liberty Station.
A panel of qualified dance experts will review thoughtful, well-developed, innovative projects that push past the boundaries of traditional dance presentation.
Successful applications will create meaningful, impactful art experiences by including one or all of the following criteria:
- Offer new perceptions about how art is delivered and experienced
- Explore unique methods of actively encouraging interaction and inclusion
- Present innovative investigations that facilitate dialogue with audiences
- Include the use of technology
- Include interdisciplinary components
- Are fun and accessible
Selected artists will receive a stipend of $800. Malashock Dance will provide studio space for rehearsals. However; artists should consider technical needs when choosing a location.
Applicants should send the following information to Lara Segura at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 27, 2015.
· Name, Phone Number and Email Address
· Concept Description (1pg max)
· Current Bio and Resume (2pg max)
· TWO URL links containing footage of choreographic work samples
Applicants will be notified by August 7, 2015.