MARKETING / PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
Vanguard Culture is an online media entity designed for culturally savvy, socially conscious individuals looking for unique visual and performing arts experiences while making a difference in their community. We provide original interviews and reviews of the people, places and events that make up San Diego’s thriving arts and culture community, as well as curated snapshots of the week’s best, most inspiring and unique visual and performing arts events. We believe in making a difference in the world, supporting San Diego’s vibrant visual and performing arts community and bringing awareness to important social and community causes.
We are looking for a person who is interested in developing/mastering their skills in Marketing & Public Relations to join our creative team. Applicant should be an undergraduate student in the San Diego area who is majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, Graphic Design, Communications, Art History or other related field. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Mailchimp, Wordpress, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
• Assist in the creation and distribution of newsletters, e-mail campaigns, marketing materials, etc.
• Assist in the development of marketing strategies essential for the growth of the organization.
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Participate in various stages of print and online marketing campaigns. • Enter contact information into contact management systems
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Develop and execute social media campaigns for Vanguard Culture’s
Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Recommend and build a company presence on additional social media sites • Measure and track responses with current Marketing Campaigns
• Be a positive spokesperson for the organization while attending a variety of
cultural and community events.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills & Specifications
• Be a highly self-motivated self-starter
• Ability to work individually on self-driven projects
• Well built skills in organization, prioritization and time management
• Work under stress to meet project deadlines and minute attention to detail
• Have a desire to learn and contribute
• Demonstrate ability to solve problems, analyze data and suggest appropriate
Skills Acquired During Internship
• Knowledge of new technologies, basic marketing and social media principles • Writing reports, procedures and business correspondence
• Development and distribution of print and online marketing campaigns.
• Networking for business in the arts
• Development and analysis of various marketing strategies
School credit only. The internship will result in having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and public relations as well as having built strong connections to San Diego’s Arts and Culture community. Other perks include free tickets to performing arts events, backstage tours of arts exhibitions, film, and culinary events. This individual reports directly to the CEO/Founder and Advisory Board of the organization.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to: VanguardCulture@gmail.com All resumes should be emailed as a Microsoft Word document, saved as "Last Name_First Name". Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for along with the term. For example "Marketing/ PR Internship_Summer 2015".
Summer 2015 Term: (May 11 – July 24) Applications due 5:00 p.m. April 30, 2015
Fall 2015 Term: (August 17 – November 2) Applications due 5:00 p.m. August 4, 2015
Winter 2015-16 Term: (November 30 – February 19 *Holidays exempt) Applications due 5:00 p.m. November 17, 2015
Spring 2016 Term: (March 14 – June 6) Applications due 5:00 p.m. March 1, 2015