San Diego Civic Youth Ballet, the resident classical ballet school in Balboa Park, seeks a full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator to support the organization’s mission to provide the youth of San Diego with the opportunity to study, understand and appreciate, through education and participation, the art of ballet, and to enrich the cultural life of the community. Primary responsibilities are in marketing and communications in an effort to promote positive public image for the organization. This position will collaborate with others in the organization to achieve brand consistency, professional promotional marketing, and the highest standards for external communications. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating organization-wide design, message, and content generation, including electronic and print communications. Applicants should have a strong ability to multi-task and a passion for children and the arts.
• Minimum two years professional marketing and public relations experience
• Bachelors in communications or related degree preferred.
• Creative and innovative thinker.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge in non-profit marketing, arts & culture experience a plus.
• Professional business presence and insight.
• Self-starter, high level of initiative, proven proactive thinker.
• Commitment to customer service (internal and external).
• Highly detail oriented with superb organizational skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task with results-oriented mindset.
• Calm individual who can operate under pressure, deadlines, and the demands of a busy office environment.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Experience with graphic arts software (Adobe Photoshop).
• Basic website design and applications.
• Ability to lift and carry minimum of 30lbs.
DETAILS: - Full time position with partially paid health benefits - Weekdays, occasional weekends required - Salary $35-40K, commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume, design and writing samples and references to HR@sdcyb.org by November 21st, 2014. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No calls, please.